[mythtv-users] Disabling automatic commercial flagging

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun May 30 22:43:40 EDT 2004

> I have the following entry in my database for disabling automatic
> commercial flagging:
>
> INSERT INTO settings (value, data, hostname) VALUES
> ('AutoCommercialFlag','0',NULL);
>
> However, I still get entries in the recordedmarkup table.  I'm running
> 0.15.  Any ideas?

Entries for what?  There are other things in that table other than
commercial flagging info.  GOP and keyframe pointers are stored there also
to allow quicker seeking in mpeg-2 files and in case your .nuv gets hosed
or the recording is terminated before the seektable can be written by the
recorder for some reason.  There also may be blank frames listed in the
file because they are part of the detection done during recording if you
are using software encoding.  If you have hardware encoding and auto-flagging
turned off then there shouldn't be any commercial flagging info in the table
for new shows, only their GOP info.

--

Chris