[mythtv-users] it's alive!

Mark Andrachek, Jr. hallow at webmages.com
Sun May 30 11:51:33 EDT 2004

Well, I've pretty much been successfull.  I've myth up
and running (using atrpms) and all the basics work great.
I've had it up and running for about 6 hours now.

I've got a few questions, so please bear with me.

In addition to the themed OSD, there's a secondary
OSD that fades the channel and time in a not very
pretty way.  Is there any way to turn it off?

I'm running a dual screen setup out of my GeForce
2 MX 440. My monitor is :0.0, and tv out is :0.1,
and the two don't know anything about eachother.
Lirc uses ny PVR-250 remote. However, if I start
via exec mythfrontend &, it seems that while
some menus work, the program guide stops
responding and I can't move between options in
the settings area after after I've closed the
terminal it was started from or otherwise change
the focus. Any hints?

Also, with the new menu that allows you to get
into the program guide, pip, zoom, etc. is there
some way to turn this off, or a keyboard command
to bypass this and go directly  to the program
guide?

Thanks!

Mark R. Andrachek, Jr.
hallow at webmages.com