[mythtv-users] Video output

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Sat May 29 19:00:15 EDT 2004

>>>>> Stephen Atkins writes:

s> I know this isn't exactly the right forum for this but I'm not sure
s> where else to ask.  I've got an ATI Radeon 7500 with VGA/TV/DVI outs
s> and I was wondering if anyone has gotten the tv out to work properly.
s> I've found tons of stuff on the net but none of it works for me.

        I got it to work a long time ago by following the instructions
in the HOWTO about using the ati.2 experimental branch of the GATOS
project.  I wouldn't recommend it, though -- it required compiling a
separate, old version of XFree86 and the output wasn't that good and
couldn't be adjusted to overscan.  I ended up switching to a cheap
nVidia card supported by nvtv.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.