[mythtv-users] /sbin/modprobe tveeprom Problems PVR250

rowan crane aovi72 at dsl.pipex.com
Sat May 29 15:03:02 EDT 2004

Hi All

Am trying to install using Jarod's guide and have got to the setting up capture
cards section. I'm trying to install a PVR250 and reside in the UK

When doing....

/sbin/modprobe tveeprom

It does not return any output to dmesg. It does however return this to the terminal.

/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl_48.rhfc1.at/updates/drivers/media/video/tveeprom.o
symbol for parameter verbose not found

I have tried setting tuner type to 20 as I am in the UK (at a guess) and get the
following.

I can capture what is essentially snow (like an untuned channel) but this has no
sound. Trying the suggestion for what to do if you have no sound returned has
made no difference. On an ordinary television you'd expect to hear the 'static'
but am not sure whether i should be hearing anything, or indeed should be
getting a channel with proper sound here.

I'm getting the following output when i run  /sbin/lspci -v

00:0e.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16 (CX23416)
MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR 250
        Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

Any advice very warmly received

Thanks

RC