[mythtv-users] Fedora Core 2, Mandrake Official or FC1?

daryl faulds nannyseeker2003 at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 21:03:32 EDT 2004

--- Luke Macfarlan <lukeineurope at aol.com> wrote:
> I just finished getting familiar with a mythbox
> based around FC1 this
> past weekend.  I noticed a few things have happened
> in the last ten
> days or so:
>
> (1) no longer need to use xmltv due to...
> (2) a new version of mythtv
> (3) Fedora Core 2 and Mandrake 10 official are out
>
> I was wondering if FC2 or Mandrake 10 are ready for
> Prime Time with
> mythtv, or if I should stick to the well-known and
> well-documented FC1
> guide that Jarod has put up over at wilsonnet... let
> me know what you
> all think...
>
> I'm looking for stability here... that's the name of
> the game.
>
> Hardware:
> Antec Aria
> Soyo K7VME
> AMD 1600+
> PVR350
> 256MB PC2100
> 120GB Barracuda IV
> SB Live!
> Nvidia GF4 MX
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> David L. Macfarlan
> OC, Class XLVII

So............it all depends.
What TV card do you have?
What video card do you have?
Where do you live?
Are you running FC2 or FC1?
Do you know how to install Windows XP and BeyondTV or
SageTV?
The wheels kinda fell off MythTV over the past few
days. If you check back in a few days everything
should be much better. I would sit back and watch for now.