[mythtv-users] MythVideo freezes on FVWM

Shay - MythTV mythtv at highstyleweb.com
Thu May 27 22:42:27 EDT 2004

Hey all,

I was having some problems with KDE after updating my kernel, so I thought
I'd try something different.  I went the FVWM route.  All seemed to be
working fine until I tried to watch a video.  It freezes on the loading
screen.  I looked for previous problems like this but couldn't find
anything.  Would anyone by chance have an idea whats going on?  I don't get
this when I run with KDE.

My next option is to try something else, like WindowMaker.

Thanks,
Shay

PS, if you're interested in my KDE problems, well..  I couldn't modify
anything, which meant I couldn't shut off the screen saver.  The KDE
version of the start button was missing almost all the normal
programs.  Clicking on the desktop and then trying to change desktop
settings failed with config errors that I saw when I exited out of KDE..  I
think its just hosed..  I've seen problems with uninstalling and
re-installing after you've updated the kernel, but I might try that anyways.