[mythtv-users] .15 cvs installed, but gentoo .12 remains, help

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Thu May 27 02:39:01 EDT 2004

I don't remember exactly, but I went the gentoo route at first before
switching to the CVS awhile back.  The Gentoo stuff installed into different
places... You may want to just do the emerge -C on it...  but before you do
that make a copy of your init.d file...  It comes in handy later as the
emerge will remove it.

I've been happy with the CVS versions... only a few little problems
occasionally over the past few months.  Its the bleeding edge though - so
expect some headaches if you stay up with it.

: )

Oh, I don't think the emege will remove your database...  You can always do a
backup of the database (see the docs for how to do that).

Best of luck

--

Bill Chmura

w. http://www.fistfullofcode.com
w. http://www.explosivo.com

"No matter what, never, ever, ever, ever tell your girl friend she is looking
a little puffy."
-Ancient chinese proverb

"Some people go to bed with Lucifer, then they cry when they don't greet the
day with God"
-Monster Magnet

Without good motivation, science and technology, instead of helping, bring
more fear and threaten global destruction. Compassionate thought is very
important for humankind.
-His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Wisdom does not mean knowledge but experiential understanding. Wisdom helps
you to change radically your habits and perceptions, as you discover the
constantly changing, interconnected nature of the whole of existence.
-Martine Batchelor, "Meditation For Life"