[mythtv-users] MythTV Help needed

Khanh Tran khanh at slc.edu
Wed May 26 20:02:09 EDT 2004

First off, make sure you run setup before starting up your backend.  If
you've never had MythTV configured or running before zap2it changed
their systems last week, you will have a problem setting up the sources
and video cards.  Normally, you set up a video card (in your case
/dev/video0).  Don't confuse that with sourceid.  Your sources are then
created by entering your ZIP code and choosing a provider/listing in the
setup.  Since setup uses tv_grab_na, which no longer works, setup
probably won't be able to create the source and then populate the
database properly.

I'm not sure how you can easily configure a new database under these
conditions.  If I were you, I'd attempt a CVS install.  This will use
datadirect, but of course, possibly open more issues.

-Khanh