[mythtv-users] Is the GUI slow for everyone or just for me?

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Wed May 26 18:34:43 EDT 2004

    >> For me, the GUI is pretty fast, except for the "delete
    >> recording" option which seems to be excessively slow.

    Robert> Here's my advice for slow deletes:

    Robert> Use XFS or JFS for your video partition.

    Robert> Not ext2 or 3, not reiser or VFAT or NTFS.

    Robert> There's stuff in the HOWTO about this.

I take it that the slow response is due to the time taken to delete
the large file?

Still, it would be nice if mythtv could display some visual indication
that it had started the delete operation. The way it is now there is
no feedback to the user until the delete operation has finished.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>