[mythtv-users] MythTV and Xine

McIne mcine at luukku.com
Wed May 26 15:28:21 EDT 2004

Anyone successfully combined these two softwares ?

I have ATI 9200 and I noticed that Xv works if I connect
TV after X has started. So I can use it with ATI binary drivers.
I have FC1 and used jarods guide to install mythtv.

I managed to configure xine to work fine as dvd player.
I just use "xine dvd:// -f -V Xv" to launch xine. Mplayer
worked fine, but I need possibility to send digital audio
directly to spdif (didn't succeed with mplayer) and I want
to change subtitles and audiotracks. Depending on the movie.

BUT... when I have watched DVD and try to watch anything
with mythtv (tried TV and recorded shows) the screen is black
and sound is OK. I have to unplug TV and do "init 3 && init 5"
and plug TV. Then it works fine. annoying feature.

Any idea why this happens ?

- McIne -