[mythtv-users] Switching to DataDirect

David George david at onyxsoft.com
Tue May 25 14:36:36 EDT 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004, James Pifer wrote:

> I'm trying to convert to DataDirect for channel data. I'm following the
> howto in the docs from the CVS tarball. I'm getting this:
>
> mysql> create table channel_temp;
> ERROR 1113: A table must have at least 1 column
> mysql>
>
> As far as I can tell I'm running mysql 3:
> [root at mythtv /]# rpm -qa mysql
> mysql-3.23.58-1.9
>
> Anyone know what the problem is? Didn't see this in the archives.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Looks like a typo in the docs.  Remove the ; after channel_temp.

I haven't tried it myself (already upgraded to DataDirect before these
docs were available).  I was just looking at it and I have a question;
Where does channel_copy get created in the MySQL3 version?  I see where
channel_temp is created and both channel_temp and channel_copy are
dropped.

Anyway, remove the ; that I mentioned above and give it a try.

HTH,
David