[mythtv-users] DataDirect, XMLTV 0.5.33, MythTV 0.14 and times being off an hour.

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Sun May 23 02:06:54 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 00:35, Erik Karlin wrote:
> On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 12:20:36AM -0500, Edward Rudd wrote:
> > I am trying to get my system back to having TV listing using the DD
> > method as the scraping no longer works as of this week.. I tried this
> > once before a few weeks ago but had no luck.. I am using the
> > tv_grab_na_dd program to download the data and convert it into the XMLTV
> > format and then feed it into mythfilldatabase via --file.
> >
> > The only problem I am having is that ALL of my times are off an hour,
> > regardless of what I set the timezone to. I am in Chicago (CDT, -0500
> > currently). however all the TV shows are listed an hour earlier than
> > they are supposed to be on.  And if I change the tiemzone offset for
> > tv_grab_na_dd, and then purge the database for mythtv (programs table)
> > the shows are STILL off by the same hour..
> >
> > These are RPMS builds all from ATrpms.
> >
> Have you checked your localtime symlink in /etc. I know I've seen that
> mentioned several times on the list recently as the solution to exactly
> that problem.

It's there, and configured correctly..  I think I may have found the
issue.. MythTV is configured to be at -0600 (CST), I changed the
settings DB entry to -0500 and am refilling the DB to see if that fixes
it.  This will be quite annoying, however if I have to change my
timezone offset when daylight savings goes away. (ie.. time moves back
to -0600).  Right now it's about 15minutes away from filling the DB..
It's so SLOW running on a 450MHZ system (dual)

Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/