[mythtv-users] Re: Failed to get TV listings && Feature request

Lord Khaos lordkhaos at comcast.net
Sat May 22 19:54:20 EDT 2004

> From: Jim Bauer <jfbauer at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Failed to get TV listings
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
> On Saturday 22 May 2004 01:07, William Powers wrote:
> >
> > For anyone who prefers Option 3 over Option 2 until 0.15 is released,
> > the attached procedure worked for me; I have been using tv_grab_na_dd
> > for a couple of weeks now.  The script attached at bottom only supports
> > a single zap2it lineup, but if you need multiple lineups, a suitable
> > script was posted earlier on this list.  Search for 'mtdean'.
>
> I tried this but it doesn't look like it worked.  I got several errors when I
> ran the script.  Here are just a couple.
Jim,
I had similar problems-- here's what happened for me:
1. I didn't read far enough down the page and see that there was a
revised procedure, the first one had some inaccuracies. Of course I
tried the inaccurate way, and had trouble. All of the XML was writing to
my screen instead of MySQL.

2. I restored the databases to where they were to start with, started
over with the correct procedure, and then commented out the last line of
the script that deleted the file from /tmp and, viola, it worked when I
re-ran it.
   I'm not very worried about it not cleaning up after itself, for now,
because Issac says .15 will be out in a few days. My data was to run out
tonight at midnight, so I felt I needed to do something. I'll cleanup
/tmp after I have .15

Hope this helps,
HR

> Message: 13
> Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 14:45:32 -0400
> From: Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Feature request. MythVideo folder browser.
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

> Can I declare this thread closed now?  Please?  People on both sides of the
> argument are just getting nasty.  I don't really _want_ to temporarily
> moderate the list, but, I will if that's what it takes to get back to more
> useful discussions.
>
> Isaac

Issac,
Thanks for a great piece of software.
To the critics, I'd simply say, try setting up a PVR on Windows: 1.) It
will cost significantly more, and probably work less well and 2.) I
doubt the head programmer of Acme Conglomerated Software, Inc. would say
"Geeze, that's a great idea Mr. John Q. Public, why didn't we think of
that before??? I'll get right on an interim release right now!"
Sincerely,
HR