[mythtv] RE: [mythtv-users] tv_grab_na_dd backport data to.14system?

Jim Bauer jfbauer at comcast.net
Sat May 22 19:47:39 EDT 2004

On Saturday 22 May 2004 18:30, Matthew Mead wrote:
> This works fine..
>
> I edit the cron job by doing a:
>
> $ crontab -e
>
> then I remove the old commands and put the new script in place..
>
> but when I got to save it it comes back with the follow error.
>
> "tmp/crontab.3397":17L bad day-of-month
> errors in crontab file, can't install.
> Do you want to retry the same edit?

Did you put script in the crontab file or an entry to run the script?  It
should be the latter.

> So for some reason it doesn't like my cron job.
>
> btw I looked in the cron.daily directory and found no mythfilldatabase.cron
> file.

It might be named something else.  Look for any file in that directory that
runs mythfilldatabase.  That is the one you want to change/replace

> should I just create one in vi and paste this script there instead?

Since the files in cron.daily are run as root and you probably need to run the
commands as mythtv (or whatever).  You should probably just have a script
in cron.daily like

	#!/bin/sh
	##su mythtv -c "mythfilldatabase --quiet"
	su mythtv -c "/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabasecron_dd"

Then put that script previously posted in
/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabasecron_dd.  Make sure both are executable.