[mythtv-users] zap2it pages empty: no information

Erik Karlin e_karlin at yahoo.com
Sat May 22 12:52:05 EDT 2004

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 12:37:49AM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Lance Simmons wrote:
>
> >* J. Donavan Stanley <jdonavan at jdonavan.net> [040521 16:59]:

> >>No because the CVS version doesn't use tv_grab_na.  XMLTV is history for
> >>North American MythTV users.
> >>

> >tv_grab_na doesn't work any more.  Is there any documentation on how to
> >update my listings, I don't care how, using a non-CVS verion of MythTV?
> >
> >Because tv_grab_na_dd has replaced tv_grab_na in xmltv, I figured this
> >might be the way to go, but what I really care about is getting current
> >listings without moving to CVS.
> >
> >Isn't anyone else facing this problem?

> simplicity, I've added the script with instructions provided to the list
> by another user to the mythtv.info site at
> http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DataDirectHowTo
>
> I hope that helps you.  I have not used this script myself so I cannot
> vouch for its behavior but others here have said it works
>
> Kevin

Yea, the script works no problem, pretty much as posted. For those of us
who do multiple video sources from the same channel listings, the second
script posted in the original thread worked mostly for me. The issue I
had was the hardcoded /etc/analog.dat and /etc/digital.dat conf-files in
his script. I assumed that they were similar to what I've done with
tv_grab_na, and looked at the base config script (including all
channels) from the tv_grab_na_dd --configure
(~mythtv/.xmltv/tv_grab_na_dd.conf) and copied them to effectivly
analog.dat and digital.dat, and edited them with the corresponding "not"
prefixes that I used to use.

Seems ok so far (1 day), but look at the other threads, I do get
database errors trying to insert into programrating with duplicate keys
or something. Doesn't "appear" to affect program data, as I am getting
10 days worth of data. I assume I'm not getting all the advantages of
native grab_dd that'll be availible in 0.15.

Certainly looking forward to it, but now I have some breathing room.