[mythtv-users] Feature Request

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sat May 22 09:26:07 EDT 2004

Bruce Markey wrote:

> Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>
>> If you had bothered to look at the page you would see that it does.
>> Contributors to the wiki have been generous enough to comb through
>> the mythtv-users list and gather requests from as far back as April
>> of 2003 at first glance.  Take your vehemence towards the wiki effort
>> and *your* mis-information and keep it to yourself.
>

> A user if MythTV correctly posted a question about the software
> on the support list for this project. You:
>
> 1) made no attempt to answer his question,
>
> 2) incorrectly assumed that that this was unsupported when in
> fact it is and,
>
> 3) told a MythTV user that they had to go to another site.
>
> After answering the question, I asked that you not use this list
> to promote another site. In response, you have the gall to tell
> me that I am out of line for speaking up? How dare you.
>
> --  bjm

Did you read his feature request?  As far as I know there is no keyword
automatic recording of shows in MythTV as there is in Tivo and
ReplayTV.  It was more than your answer to him about the Search Listings
feature which can only show listings currently in the program data.
This *is* an often requested feature and I linked him to a community
resource that has begun to document these requests so that perhaps in
the future users will be able to check it before posting to the list
thereby reducing the noise which you have contributed to enough in this
thread already.   I'm sorry if you don't *approve* of the mythtv.info
site, but I don't recall needing your permission to reference people to
it, contribute to it, or othewise support this community.

Kevin