[mythtv-users] Feature request. MythVideo folder browser.

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Sat May 22 02:01:36 EDT 2004

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 12:14:35AM -0400, S. Baker wrote:
> reply by Donovan.  It would be a lot more useful and friendly to
> mythtv users to keep a list of requests, so that developers have
> a target to shoot at, users have a place to see that at least someone
> desired model for mythtv.  These lists should be prioritized by
> the lead developer (think project manager). At the very

You still don't get it, do you?  Myth is developed by the developers
for the developers(*).  There is no master plan -- Myth goes in
whatever direction we feel like going when we feel like going.  IOW,
if no developer is personally motivated enough to add a particular
feature, it won't get added no matter how many users want it.

(*)I don't really like to use this phrasing because I feel it connotes
too strong of a selfish attitude.  Personally, I'm happy that others
can use the fruits of our labor.  Furthermore, I will do what I can to
support the features I have added, the components I have adopted and
not leave users in the lurch.  However, I do this in my spare time to
satisfy my own needs so I don't feel obligated to do any more than
that.

> with it a bit.  Next step:  give some ideas for development, and
> see what people thought.  I immediately got a response from
> Donovan that I considered pretty rude (go read it and judge
> for yourself).  It is probably the primary reason I just haven't

Then grow a thicker skin and don't take it personally.  Hell, Isaac
royally pissed me off with his terse responses the first time I asked
questions and submitted patches.  I got over it and persevered because
I really wanted to contribute and make Myth better.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net