[mythtv-users] Really hiding a channel

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri May 21 16:08:16 EDT 2004

Henk Poley wrote:
> Op vrijdag 21 mei 2004 20:37, schreef Bruce Markey:
>
>>Kyle Rose wrote:
>

> <snipsnap>
>
>>Next, if you do receive the same station from two sources and you
>>would prefer recording from one of the sources over the other, the
>>new scheduler handles this nicely. Say for example source 1 is
>>analog and the low channels are noisy but source 4 is a clean
>>satellite feed. You can go to Setup->TV Settings->Recording
>>Priorities->Channel Priorities and add a value of +1 for your
>>satellite channel 2. The scheduler will always prefer recording
>>from that channel input but can still record from the analog
>>channel 2 if source 4 is busy with something else.
>

> Wouldn't this have the side effect that all programs on that channel have
> preference over other recordings?

Yes, if there was a conflicting show on another channel, the
show on this channel would have an default advantage of 1. The
other way to go would be to set the analog channel to -1 instead.
Here if there were two conflicts (we know it already lost one
conflict for use of source 4 ;-), it would have a disadvantage
by -1 for use of the analog card.

The input preference also has a side effect that is almost always
positive. If a show is only available to record on a not preferred
input at 8:00pm but can be recorded on the preferred input at 2:00am,
the scheduler will choose the better quality at 2:00 rather than
the earliest showing on the lesser input. When this happens, the
conflicts page will mark the 8:00pm showing as "L"aterShowing. You
can then press Enter and choose Add Override if you really do want
to catch the first showing.

--  bjm