[mythtv-users] Failed to get TV listings

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri May 21 15:04:06 EDT 2004

>> If we do have to change to DataDirect I fully expect thousands of us
>> linux neophytes are going to be in real trouble unless we get the .15
>> release or a lot of hand holding.  It warns us (or used to) that we
>> shouldn't be using CVS unless were were supermen.
>
> So we have three options:
>
> 1) A new 0.15 release of Myth before the listings run out at
>    the end of next week.

That's obviously what most of us "end users" would like.  I
don't mind running from CVS when I'm wearing a devloper hat,
but for now I'm just a myth user.

> 2) Compile from CVS (which doesn't seem to be working with the
>    obvious ./configure;make on my Gentoo system, and the build
>    setup seems to be different for some of the modules).

That sounds like it might generate a lot of problems, and I'd
rank it last.

> 3)  Figure out how to use tv_grab_na_dd with 0.14 (and a look through
> some previous threads indicates that this is a challenge at best; if
> someone has it working, please tell us how to do it or point to the
> right posting).

That would be my second choice.  If somebody could write up a
howto for using tv_grab_na_dd with 0.14, I think that would
make most of us happy.

--
Grant Edwards
grante at visi.com