[mythtv-users] Commercial skip bug & feature request

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu May 20 19:02:57 EDT 2004

I noticed in the lastest CVS version that the menu option while watching
tv to set commercial skipping to 'Prompt' is gone. I have used this
because in the past some shows are not reliable in commercial skipping.
Lately they have been getting better. How about a database option that
you enter the Maximum amount of commercial time to skip. If the detected
commercial time is over this it would consider it a bogas commercial
detection then not skip it. I have noticed when commercial detection is
broke the skip time is large like 15 or 30 minutes. Most commercials are
under 4 minutes. So setting a value of 5 minutes would ignore a
commercial flagged as being 8 minutes long. Maybe popup the option to
skip if it is over this time otherwise auto skip it.

- James