[mythtv-users] apt-get

Alan Carlson ACarlson at PHN-WACO.ORG
Wed May 19 23:03:25 EDT 2004

>>> wmunson at rochester.rr.com 05/19/04 20:19 PM >>>
>I dont know if this will help. If I remember right the missing
dependancy in
>Brian's case was libmyth so you might try installing it first.

>apt-get install libmyth

I am getting the same error. Got yesterday too.

With apt-get install libmyth - this is what I got.

[root at mythtv mythtv]# apt-get install libmyth
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  libmyth: Depends: directfb but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

apt-get install alsa-kmdl-$MYKERNEL is broken too.

[root at mythtv mythtv]# apt-get install alsa-kmdl-$MYKERNEL
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Selecting kernel-module-alsa-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl_48.rhfc1.at for
'alsa-kmdl-2.4.2
2-1.2188.nptl_48.rhfc1.at'
  kernel-module-alsa-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl_48.rhfc1.at
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 removed and 13 not upgraded.
Need to get 1226kB of archives.
After unpacking 3095kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing
kernel-module-a
lsa-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl_48.rhfc1.at 1.0.4-25.rhfc1.at [1226kB]
Fetched 1226kB in 4s (267kB/s)
Committing changes...
Preparing...                ###########################################
[100%]
[100%]
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl_48.rhfc1.at/up
dates/sound/snd.o
depmod:         schedule_work
Done.

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The content of this electronic mail and any attachments hereto may contain confidential business, proprietary, and/or health information that is protected by law and is intended only for the use of the specifically named recipient(s). In addition, such mail and attachments may contain a communication that is protected from disclosure by the attorney-client and/or attorney work-product privileges. The authorized recipient(s) of this information may not disclose such information to any other party unless permitted or required by law or regulation, and is required to destroy the information after its intended purpose has been fulfilled.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance thereon is strictly prohibited. You are further notified that unauthorized use and/or disclosure of this information may subject you to criminal and/or civil prosecution in accordance with law.  If you have received this electronic mail in error, you are hereby ordered to immediately
destroy this message and contact the sender.