[mythtv-users] Transcoding, remotely?

Angel Li angel at miami.edu
Wed May 19 20:17:32 EDT 2004

Chris Petersen said:
>> Can nuvexport be used for HDTV content?  I get "Illegal nuv file
>> format:".
>
> No, it doesn't work with hdtv because the file format isn't recognized
> by mpgtx or tcprobe...  I've been working with Angel Li offlist to try
> to support this.  midentify seems to report the necessary info, but it
> doesn't seem to be part of the standard rpm package I get from atrpms,
> so I'm sort of at a standstill...

Here's what I have installed on my mythtv system:

    myth* rpm -qa | grep mplayer
    mplayer-1.0-32_pre4.rhfc1.at
    mplayer-skins-1.0-pre3_12.at
    mplayer-fonts-1.0-5.at

I'm pretty sure I used synaptic to download these packages.

I haven't had much time to play around with my mythtv box as of late but
starting next week I should have much more free time to figure out how to
transcode the HDTV files to something smaller. At 6 gigs an hour you can
chew up a disk pretty quickly.

Angel