[mythtv-users] mythfrontend using 30% cpu at main menu (BUG)

Matthew Schumacher schu at schu.net
Wed May 19 16:40:36 EDT 2004

Matthew Schumacher wrote:
> Anyone know why my mythfrontend is eating up 30% of the cpu just idling
> on the main menu?  It seems that the cpu usage is not very closely
> related to what it's doing.  Sometimes video playback is nice and smooth
> and sometimes it's jerky.  If I restart mythfrontend it's smooth again.
>
> I'm using slackware 9.1, glibc-2.3.2, myth 20040510 cvs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> schu

Ok, I know what causes this now and I'm pretty sure it's a bug:

If I start myth then go into the "Watch recordings" screen the cpu jumps
to 30% while it plays the preview window.  When I leave this screen and
keep getting "'video_output' mean = '33397.48', std. dev. = '4863.15',
fps = '29.94'" in the log file.

If I disable the live preview in the setup screen this problem goes
away. I believe this is why I was getting jerky video as well because it
was playing it twice.

schu