[mythtv-users] Transcoding, remotely?

Bruce Smith mythtv at reddog.org
Wed May 19 15:01:20 EDT 2004

I ran mythtranscode with just the "-i" parameter (infile) and it created
a .tmp file almost the same size of the infile.  How can I tell it to
convert from mpeg2 to mpeg4 to save disk space?

Also, I assume that I can just 'mv' the .tmp file over top of the input
.nuv file after it's done?

> It does it right there.  You can, of course, nohup it or put it in the
> background.

I am familiar with nohup, bg, screen, and stuff like that, but it would
be really nice to just add the files to the system queue to do them
sequentially in a low priority (yeah I know, use "nice" :)  like the "X"
key does.

 - BS