[mythtv-users] Setup questions (FC1)

Alan Carlson ACarlson at PHN-WACO.ORG
Wed May 19 09:14:13 EDT 2004

>>> andy at ecdsystems.com 5/18/04 4:37:40 PM >>>

> I've been (very slowly) working my way through Jarod's setup guide.
> I've gotten to the point of testing out the input & output of my
> pvr-350 and I've got a couple of questions:

> - piping the input directly to the PVR's composite out works fine,
but
> if I capture it and play it back with mplayer, I get video that looks

> like it's a TV channel with the horizontal hold all messed up, i.e. a

> lot of diagonally distorted crap.  Any hints as to where I should
> start in fixing this?

My PVR-350 and PVR-250MCE did the same thing on my last rebuild, where
playing the test cat of the video through mplayer looks like the
horizontal hold is screwed up but the sound is good and the piping of
the video immediately out the  PVR-350 looks good.

On my first build of Mythtv, when I only had the  PVR-350, the mplayer
playback looked good. I do not know what changed. I messed with it for a
while, and then pressed on with completing the installation of myth and
even with this problem, watching recordings and live TV worked great. I
have not tried mplayer again yet to see if that is where the problem
lies.

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The content of this electronic mail and any attachments hereto may contain confidential business, proprietary, and/or health information that is protected by law and is intended only for the use of the specifically named recipient(s). In addition, such mail and attachments may contain a communication that is protected from disclosure by the attorney-client and/or attorney work-product privileges. The authorized recipient(s) of this information may not disclose such information to any other party unless permitted or required by law or regulation, and is required to destroy the information after its intended purpose has been fulfilled.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance thereon is strictly prohibited. You are further notified that unauthorized use and/or disclosure of this information may subject you to criminal and/or civil prosecution in accordance with law.  If you have received this electronic mail in error, you are hereby ordered to immediately
destroy this message and contact the sender.