[mythtv-users] Mailing list and a Wiki... and a dessert topping

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Tue May 18 17:44:17 EDT 2004

David wrote:

> J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>
>> I'm *really* sick of this topic but I just had to point out the
>> hypocrisy of your answers to Michael here.   Here you are telling him
>> to fix the wiki when the wiki folks refuse to fix the existing docs
>> and instead run off to do their own thing (and get it wrong).
>

> Please J Donovan (?) don't make it 'us and them'
> We are all MythTV users/fans/developers/community members.

I was referring to the guy who kept saying "fix it" to every complaint
about the wiki, when every time the wiki subject has come up the
response from the folks in charge of the project has been essentially
the same thing regarding the official docs.

> And "refuse to fix the existing docs" - that's what we are doing. You
> just don't like the tools we use - so use your own, they suit a
> developer down to the ground. But please don't stop us using ours -
> you won't complain when I eventually get round to submitting a patch
> 'cos I use emacs and not vi will you... ?

*If* you get around to submitting patches to the docs, and *if* that
information is accurate and useful I will gladly hand you an attaboy.