[mythtv-users] Setup questions (FC1)

Andy Lee andy at ecdsystems.com
Tue May 18 17:37:40 EDT 2004

I've been (very slowly) working my way through Jarod's setup guide.
I've gotten to the point of testing out the input & output of my
pvr-350 and I've got a couple of questions:

- piping the input directly to the PVR's composite out works fine, but
if I capture it and play it back with mplayer, I get video that looks
like it's a TV channel with the horizontal hold all messed up, i.e. a
lot of diagonally distorted crap.  Any hints as to where I should
start in fixing this?

- I'm getting an error when I try an apt-get of lirc-kmdl-$MYKERNEL.
Apparently there's no lirc-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2179.nptl_47.rhfc1.at
package.  Is upgrading my kernel and then retrying the lirc install
the right thing to do?

- In general, is it a good idea to go ahead and let up2date do it's
magic, or is that more likely to screw things up than anything else?

-Andy