[mythtv-users] Is the myth communication protocol routable?

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Tue May 18 10:22:07 EDT 2004

ok, I know I'm asking a LOT, but for giggles, I decided to bring my
laptop into work. I have myth configured as a frontend only on this
machine.

I then opened the myth port (6543) on my firewall, and mapped it to the
master backend at home, and configured my laptop to connect to the
public IP.

The mythbackend gives me "connected Successfully", and the master
backend shows the connection, but that's where it stops. I try to do
anything that actually requires back-and-forth communication, and it
bombs. Live TV shows no available tuners (i know both are free), and
"Watch Recordings" shows nothing available.

Is this because the laptop is being nat'd?