Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Forums

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Tue May 18 02:04:56 EDT 2004

Top posting ...Yaeh,ya,ya...

Forums IMHO are great in an environment where you have a large crew of
experienced folk, vs a small proportion of newbies.

It is most useful for a group of old hands to swap tips etc.

The old crew get burned out replying to the SOS.
(the same happens on a mailing list)

An ACTIVE FAQ, mentioned in the header of the list, or top of forums,
can HELP, but many just don't KNOW enough to ask google the right
question.

For a forum that works well, if you are into ACVWs, is
www.shoptalkforums.com

Forums do not HAVE to suck.

--
Gregory J. McGee <gjmcgee at cableone.net>