[mythtv-users] frontend crash when recording starts while watching live tv

Andy Shinn andys at lglan.net
Tue May 18 00:21:56 EDT 2004

When watching live TV and it's time to record a show either on the channel
I'm watching or another channel, I get the nice popup asking me what to do.
If I choose the option to change to the channel and watch it while it
records mythfrontend freezes up. The video and sound sits frozen until I
escape out of mythfrontend. Here is the output I got from the terminal I
started it from:

2004-05-17 17:22:04 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
2004-05-17 17:30:01 prebuffering pause
[mpeg2video @ 0x74aa730]invalid cbp at 19 19
[mpeg2video @ 0x74aa730]concealing errors
[mpeg2video @ 0x74aa730]Warning MVs not available
2004-05-17 18:00:04 Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
2004-05-17 18:00:05 Using protocol version 6
2004-05-17 18:00:05 Using protocol version 6
Couldn't read file: /recordings/1012_20040517180000_20040517183000.nuv
2004-05-17 18:00:06 Changing from None to WatchingRecording
2004-05-17 18:00:06 Decoder not alive, and trying to play..
PlayFromRecorder : recorder already exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder
already exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder already
exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder already exists!PlayFromRecorder :
recorder already exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder already
exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder already exists!PlayFromRecorder :
recorder already exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder already
exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder already exists!PlayFromRecorder :
recorder already exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder already
exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder already exists!PlayFromRecorder :
recorder already exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder already
exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder already exists!PlayFromRecorder :
recorder already exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder already
exists!PlayFromRecorder : recorder already exists!PlayFromRecorder :
recorder already exists!Segmentation fault
[mythtv at localhost .mythtv]$

I'm running CVS from around May 5th (the ATRPM from Axel).
System is the backend and frontend.
Specs: P3 933mhz, 512MB PC133, 2 7200RPM (one system and buffer, one for
recordings), PVR-250, and a 3Dlabs PERMEDIA graphics card.

I was thinking it might be that my system is just not up to spec. But if
anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear.

Thanks!