[mythtv-users] Mailing list and a Wiki... and a dessert topping

BP lists at qucae.com
Mon May 17 23:57:42 EDT 2004

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

>http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-1.html#ss1.3
>
>I was referencing what David had posted which was apparently in error, but
>SGML, or docbook, or whatever the CVS style the point remains the same.  I
>think most non-developing users would admit to being more comfortable with
>the wiki-style of contribution and no one is suggesting replacing the
>official installation and usage documentation.  I wish you could see that
>your tone and tenor seems to be more abrasive than helpful for people trying
>to contribute to this project.
>
>Kevin

I don't get the impression he's telling you that you can not have a
wiki.  He's strongly suggesting that you should not create a redundant
documentation location.  If you want to contribute, contribute back to
the project, not in competition to it.  That is the most benefit to the
community.

Here's an idea:  you and others that wish to contribute documenation
could have a private wiki to work together on.  One of the people in
your group could be responsible for taking milestones, formatting it in
SGML and submitting a patch to Isaac against the offcial docs.  That
would allow for those that are intimidated with the current process to
contribute yet keep focused on a single, official document.  You might
even start by importing the current documentation to your wiki.