[mythtv-users] TV-out on EPIA M Xfree users problem

Eric mythlist at frederiksen.nu
Mon May 17 19:16:24 EDT 2004

Hi Kev,

I'm expericening the same problem, although running X as root on my box
seems to freeze any console access. Using the default via driver
everything works flawlessly, except mpeg acceleration... I'm running
Gentoo 2004.1 with xfree 4.3.0 and the via binary driver and using
composite out to tv. Someone mentioned (I think it was on this list)
that X has to be run as root to get hardware acc. to work. Perhaps you
would like to share your XF86Config with me?

/Eric