[mythtv-users] Mailing list and a Wiki... and a dessert topping

David myth at dgreaves.com
Mon May 17 18:31:50 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Monday 17 May 2004 04:15 pm, David wrote:
>

>>PS for those getting fed up of me mentioning this, I do apologise
>>(really) but a lot of folks still won't realise that there's a MythTV Wiki
>>(err, here:
>>  http://www.mythtv.info/
>>)
>>

>And let me point out that this isn't offical, nor will I link to from the main
>website.

Harsh - but that's your site and so your perogative.

>If you want to work on docs, contribute back to the official docs.  Don't
>fragment the effort by using random wikis.

Did you catch the bit on the frontpage where it says:
Well the main thing is that we're here to supplement MythTV.org - in
fact, as information gets added, mixed, checked and refined here we hope
it will make its way via patches, docs and other winding routes into
core MythTV or one of its modules.

And as evidence that this may work...How many patches have you received
to the official docs in the last month? From non-developers?
There have been 42 contributions to Mythtv.info by 10 people in the last
month (mainly in the last few days).
Possibly due to the low barrier to entry for those not blessed(?) with
CVS and docbook skills.

Can I suggest you temper your absolute statement with 'unless it becomes
a useful resource for the community to work on the docs'.

If it doesn't catch on it will die _without_ assistance.

David