[mythtv-users] (off topic) DVB for Dummies

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Mon May 17 17:43:46 EDT 2004

Buechler, Mark R wrote:

>I was thinking over satellite. But I won't know what type of equipment is
>necessary. I assume a dish but I don't know the size. I also assume there
>would need to be a way to position the dish as well.
>
>I'm also looking at broadcast HDTV - but that is a separate issue.

I'm mostly familiar with Dish Network.  They have a High-Definition
'package' that they rent which is somewhat reasonable.  Another option
is to get the 921/PVR receiver.  It's $1000.00, has a built in HD tuner
which can receive/record over the Satellite, and  OTA (over the air)
broadcasts all in one nice interface.  It's actually quite a nice unit,
but you'll have to reasearch the details yourself.

If you want to continue this topic with me, let's go ahead and take it
off the list.

Regards,

--
John Sturgeon <><