[mythtv-users] Forums

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Mon May 17 12:38:20 EDT 2004

Jeff "Muddy" Waters wrote:
>  My problems are with the highly inefficient use of space, CPU and
>  time that a mail list requires. It's far more efficient in my eyes to
>  put all things mythtv related (mythtv, lirc, ivtv) into one spot so
>  if you so choose to do a search it covers all areas. Also when I ask
>  a question in a mail list it's sometimes impossible to determine if
>  you've had an answer. However like I said it's all personal
>  preference.
>
>  Besides do you realize how much HD space the 2 years of this one mail
>  list alone soaked up? I never realized I had so much space until I
>  deleted it all but this months.
Do we truely need to re-hash this one for the hundredth f'in time?  I'm
sure if people spent half a brain cell and searched the archives for the
word "forum" they would find hundreds and hundreds of posts regarding
them.  And I'm sure if people took the time to read some of the posts,
like the ones from say. . .  "Isaac Richards" they would find that he
has said NO to a forum, no to a forum to mailing list gateway, and
quoting Isaac "And I, for one, absolutely hate web-based forums. I will
not officially support one."

Here are all the articles from Isaac in regards to a forum:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=forum_1&search_string=forum&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=ijr@po.cwru.edu&sb=score&mh=25

-dan