[mythtv-users] Forums

Larry Howe linux at comjet.com
Mon May 17 10:16:29 EDT 2004

I think the forum and the list provide slightly different functions. The
forum should be a somewhat more focused, more distilled version of the mail
list. For example, say you're choosing a mobo, and you go through a dozen
conversations on the mail list about the pros and cons of different mobos.
Once you've processed all that information into the kind of info a person
can use, like this:

Most popular mythtv mobo: Mobo X
Best mobo for small form factor: Mobo Y
Least expensive mobo that will work: Mobo Z
Features to look for: Feature X, Feature Y, Feature Z
Features to avoid: Feature A, Feature B, Feature C

I realize that the HW DB provides the info described here, but the same
principle can be applied to various other topics that appear on the list.
The forum should be a distilled summary of the info passing over the list.

Larry