[mythtv-users] The new PUNDIT-R, first findings

Steven Cruysberghs steven.cruysberghs at pi.be
Mon May 17 04:31:11 EDT 2004

nope, spdif is still on the front panel (why ?????) and no extra conector
on the motherboard to be found. I'm thinking of drilling a hole where the
spdif in used to be and lead the optical cable trough the machine to the
back.

Update on the TV-out. If you enable tvout in the bios it works and it
looks great (looks better than Sis tvout I must say).
But only in vesa mode, so you see the bootlogo/bootsplach screen and
console. As soon as you start X with the radeon driver the image becomes
distorted (tried a few different HorizSync and VertRefresh settings but...
:-(  . This could be a question of using the right modeline? Anyone?

If you start X using the vesa driver TV-out still works but without XV
accelleration.

Steven