[mythtv-users] DataDirect and time shifting

Mikhail D'Vane mikhaildvane at hotmail.com
Mon May 17 02:37:02 EDT 2004

Finally solved this one.

I feel like an idiot, but that's ok....

;)

It pays to search the mythtv-dev archives as well as the mythtv-users
archives.  I was pretty sure my problem was due to the fact that
the datadirect service was sourcing listings with UTC timestamps
and my system for some reason was not adjusting (I'm GMT -0700
and my listings were off by 7 hours).

Anyway, there was a post by the developer responding to a
person with the exact same issue as mine.  It seems that CVS
MythTV's datadirect grabber relies on proper setup of the Linux
timezone.  I was pretty sure that I had made the necessary symlink
in /etc when I setup my "testbed" system, but I went to double check....

The symlink to /etc/localtime was missing.

Once I got this set up, the listing times were correct.

My own bug, not CVS MythTV's.

Mik