[mythtv-users] Can't get lirc working with cvs version

Michael Segulja msegulja at lmdcs.com
Sun May 16 12:53:02 EDT 2004

pcf wrote:

> I have been running the pre-packaged Debian install of Myth
> successfully, and I have decided to now try the cvs version.
>
> I have removed the Debian install using "dpkg -remove", and compiled
> and installed the cvs version, which works perfectly with the
> exception of the IR remote control (basic serial IR receiver).
>
> The remote was working fine with the Debian version, and no changes
> have been made to the lirc installation. I have checked that:
> - lircd is running
> - the /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc file is still present and unchanged
> - irw and mode2 work ok
> but mythfrontend just doesn't respond to the remote.
>
> Before compiling I uncommented the following two lines from settings.pro:
> CONFIG += using_lirc
> LIRC_LIBS = -llirc_client
>
> Can anyone suggest anything I am missing?

I'm having the same problem, and have not been able to figure it out.
I'm running on Mandrake 9.2.  I don't have the Myth box handy right now,
but I'm getting some errors about LIRC when I start mythfrontend.  LIRC
is configured to use /dev/lirc/serial as the device, and both irw and
mode2 work fine.  I get an error when starting mythfrontend that says
the device could not be found, and then it says lirc_init could not find
the device, or something to that affect.  It doesn't tell me what device
it's looking for, so I have no idea what it's not finding.

Anyway, don't know if this might be related to the same problem you are
having, but it sounds likely.  I'm running CVS from Friday night I think.

Thanks for any input anyone can provide.  I haven't searched the list
archives yet since I saw this posting, but I'll do that today as well.

Thanks,
Michael