[mythtv-users] DataDirect and time shifting

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sun May 16 01:46:15 EDT 2004

Op zondag 16 mei 2004 06:37, schreef Dan Morphis:
> J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> > > Actually, you never see the DataDirect listings. You're seeing the
> > > XMLTV listings created from the DataDirect listings. So, why am I
> > > being so picky about semantics? If one thinks he/she is looking
> > > at bad info from DataDirect, he/she will try to change DataDirect
> > > (see where I'm going with this?). If one knows the data is
> > > actually XMLTV data...
> >
> >  CVS MythTV doesn't use XMLTV for DataDirect.
>
> Are you sure about that? the dd grabber is part of the xmltv package.

Yes, DataDirect now supplies it's own listing in some other format. MythTV
developers implemented their own reader (some would say they "pulled a
Microsoft"), instead of writing an XMLTV converter so everybody could use it
via the standard existing interfaces. (AFAIK someone is working on writing
the converter)

Maybe they can use more of the information this way .. ?

	Henk Poley <><