[mythtv-users] QT version 3.3.2

Sat May 15 22:26:33 EDT 2004

I posted a while back, that under Fedora Core 2, MythTV would not
display full screen under Gnome.

I have discovered it has nothing to do with Fedora Core 2 or that
version of Gnome, but has to do with the version of QT.

Under Fedora Core 1, I have been using QT version 3.3.0b1.  I checked
out the latest CVS of MythTV today, but some of it would not link
because of missing symbols in QT.  I decided to compile up QT version
3.3.2 (which I had downloaded and installed for Fedora Core 2), to see
if that fixed the linkage problems.

It did fix the linkage problems, but now MythTV will not display full
screen under Gnome in my Fedora Core 1 install either.  It will only
display in a window.

I had not installed KDE under Fedora Core 1, but decided I had to, to
get my full screen back.  Unfortunately, KDE panel dies repeatedly.  I
am not going to worry about this problem, since MythTV shows HD material
much smoother under the 2.6 kernel with Fedora Core 2, than it does with
Fedora Core 1 and a 2.4.25 kernel.

John