[mythtv-users] DataDirect and time shifting

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 15 19:14:35 EDT 2004

Mikhail D'Vane wrote:

> DataDirect is (naturally) sending listings with a UTC timestamp.

Actually, you never see the DataDirect listings.  You're seeing the
XMLTV listings created from the DataDirect listings.  So, why am I being
so picky about semantics?  If one thinks he/she is looking at bad info
from DataDirect, he/she will try to change DataDirect (see where I'm
going with this?).  If one knows the data is actually XMLTV data...

[mdean at ganymede mdean]$ tv_grab_na_dd --configure
using config filename /home/mdean/.xmltv/tv_grab_na_dd.conf

DD data is in UTC by default
Please specify the appropriate offset
(We're working on improving this)
+0000 UTC
-0400 Eastern  Daylight
-0500 Eastern  Standard or Central Daylight
-0600 Central  Standard or Mountain Daylight
-0700 Mountain Standard or Pacific Daylight
-0800 Pacific  Standard
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/bin/tv_grab_na_dd line 435.
Timezone offset (+/-####) (+0000)