[mythtv-users] SPDIF audio setup

Kevin Barsby Kevin.Barsby at Sun.COM
Sat May 15 09:04:52 EDT 2004

Odd problemette,

I have an EPIA M, PVR 350 using the TV-out, I have also just purchased a
set of 5.1 surround speakers with SPDIF in *grin*.

I have the Audio leads from the PVR going to the line-in of the on board
soundcard.

Digital audio works for MythMusic (i.e. sound coming from directly the
PC)

But no sound for the TV functions.

The real odd thing is if I rig a lead from the Line out of my MB to a
second set of speakers I get sound for the TV and Myth music...

Has anyone else come across this, if so how did you fix it, it sounds
like an alsa config option somewhere, but I've no idea where to look.

Thx
Kev