[mythtv-users] Re: So there already *is* a MythTV wiki - COOL

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Fri May 14 16:42:09 EDT 2004

 > i'm also putting in a forum system that will link off
 > the front of the wiki...

Wait, a forum?  See this is where is starts to go wrong.  This is why
we have the mailing list archives.  How do I know that perhaps some
issue or problem is addressed in the mailing list if there's also the
possibility that it's already been discussed in the forum?

So now I have to keep up with reading two different sources to make
sure I'm up to date with Myth happenings?

Look at this from the point of view of a new user to Myth.  The steps
should roughly be these:

1) Download software
2) Read documentation (THE documentation)
3) If all else fails, join the mailing list (THE mailing list)

See, that's it.  Pretty soon we'll be sending new users all over the
place, read that doc there, this doc here, that wiki thing over there,
try the forum, then perhaps the mailing list.  Users will just be all
the more confused.

Am I just all out on a limb here in thinking that more does not
necessarily mean better?  Anyone agree with me?