[mythtv-users] burning MythTV shows on DVD

Nick Craig-Wood ncw1 at axis.demon.co.uk
Fri May 14 04:55:29 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 03:19:15PM -0500, Douglas Hitchcock wrote:
> I burnt a show I recorded in MythTV onto a DVD+RW using some script I
> found when I was googling the subject... goes a little something like
> this:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> mkfifo aud0
> mkfifo vid0
> mkfifo dvdmpg
>
> mpeg2desc -a0 < $1 > aud0 &
> mpeg2desc -v0 < $1 > vid0 &
> mplex -f 8 -V -o dvdmpg aud0 vid0 &
> dvdauthor -o $2 -f dvdmpg
> dvdauthor -o $2 -T
>
> mkisofs -dvd-video -o "$2.iso" $2
> growisofs -Z "/dev/dvd=$2.iso"
>
> and wow, that was easy and worked perfect.  But then when I was
> replaying it, the audio is several seconds behind the video, it seemed
> to be pretty close in the beginning and progressively got worse...  Does
> anyone see anything wrong with that method or have a better way to go
> about burning to DVD?

At a guess these shows come from DVB and you have a few missing audio
packets causing the drift.

Try using ProjectX to demultiplex the data (instead of the
mpeg2desc).  This will correct the audio stream...

  http://www.lucike.info/page_projectx.htm

Make sure the "fill gaps with prev frame" is set in the audio tab,
otherwise the defaults should do.

Also see my posting on this list on how I make DVDs from DVB!

--
Nick Craig-Wood
ncw1 at axis.demon.co.uk