[mythtv-users] "Channelized" camera feeds for Myth

Shane Bush sbush at dbtech.net
Thu May 13 22:18:24 EDT 2004

In my previous message, I note that my wife
is currently an Assistant Director at a daycare and we want to open our
own in our hometown... Maybe open a few more down the road...

The current state of 'Daycare management' software is not to my liking...
Specificly, there isn't any management software that runs on my preferred
os (take a guess.. go on... I dare you.. ;-) that I can find... So I'm
going to start my own in due time..  (And of course I plan to open source
it as soon as I get the base down)  I had thought that it would be nice to
tie in the Video system to the 'Management Suite' as a module ... That's
why I'm curious as to my options with video cameras and Myth.

Basicly, I want to combine several great OSS apps/servers, possibly
including Myth, to make a turnkey solution for daycare centers that's
scalable... From home centers, to large chains.  I would go into more
detail, but it's too offtopic for this list.  Heck, I don't even know if
I'll get this idea off the ground, but I can dream can't I?  ;-)

Shane