[mythtv-users] Myth Musings

Kevin Barsby Kevin.Barsby at Sun.COM
Thu May 13 20:52:21 EDT 2004

Hi,

This is going to start as a thanks to developers email, followed by an
idea and a "discuss" type question.

Firstly, thanks to the developers, and the comunity as a whole, my myth
system is now really becoming a killer piece of home entertainment
equipment.

I found whilst building the system, I was often chopping and changing
between guides (although I must be one of the few who didn't use Jarod's
most excellent guide[tm] :-) ) / mailing lists, and forums. This got me
thinking about the best way to produce a top level doc (similar to or a
rewrite of the mythtv howto).

What I'm suggesting is to produce a central doc / resource, like (or a
rewrite of) the myth howto, but with the following layout.

It simply lists the things you need to install and in which order, a
build overview if you will. (The myth howto does this fairly well).

Any detail below this is either provided (wiki style, but with doc
maintainer approval) locally or linked to (Jarod's guide etc), along
with supporting resources (mailing lists / forums).

I guess what I'm suggesting is something between a wiki and a strict all
encompassing howto.

Discuss :-)

Kev

P.S. Yes I am willing to help / make a start..