[mythtv-users] Transcoded video is very very choppy

Nowhere nowhere at cox.net
Thu May 13 19:51:37 EDT 2004

Using the transocde function built into myth, the product (MPEG4)
playback is very choppy. It's almost like playing from a CDROM that is
too slow or that when there is a lot of motion change with audio, the PC
just can't decode fast enough. My machine details are in my sig and
playing the native PVR-250 mpeg2 files while nuvexporting and ftp'ing a
video off the system produces perfectly smooth video (CPU pegged at
100%).

But with nothing else running, trying to playback MPEG4 is choppy. I
capture on PVR250 at 2200 and the transcode setting are set to the same
value.

Please let me know what you think this might be.

Thanks!
Eric

My MythBox:
Athlon XP 2000+, MSI K7N2GM-L, 512MB Kbyte, 80GB Seagate Single Platter,
2xPVR250 Coolmax CX300B Silent PSU, Coolermaster ATC-610BX1 Case, Fedora
Core 1, myth 0.14 no CVS (yet).