[mythtv-users] "Channelized" camera feeds for Myth

Shane Bush sbush at dbtech.net
Thu May 13 13:57:34 EDT 2004

I'm trying to come up with a video survellance method that uses Myth for
doing monitoring of rooms in a Daycare...  Myth would record the cameras
from 6am to 6:30pm M-F and the Motion app would be working the rest of the
time to look for intruders and such...

I'm thinking that if there was some way to setup "channelized" video.
Like Channel 1 be one camera, channel 2 be another, etc...
This would be successful in using Myth the way it was intended.. with
channels.  As well as being easy to maintain, it'd be scalable (I think).

However, I don't know if a "Channelizer" exists, or even if it
does, what it's called...

Anybody know?  Anybody got a better idea?

Here's my plan:
PlainText AsciiArt alert!!

-Feed 1---
          \                           /---MythBackend Slave
-Feed 2--- "Channelizer"-----Splitter- ---MythBackend Master
          /                           \---MythBackend Slave
-Feed 3---

Thanks,
Shane