[mythtv-users] Two 0,15 cvs problems

Gerald Schepens schepens at shaw.ca
Thu May 13 03:11:43 EDT 2004

I am having two problems, both with live TV.

A bit about my setup: I'm using the ivtv 0.10 pre 3 CVS release drivers
on my pvr350.  I have cable TV connected to the card (for which I'm
using "tuner 0") as well as a cable box which is connected to the svideo
input ("svideo 0").  Kernel 2.4.20-30_37.rh9.at.

The first problem: Video works at first when going into live TV.  I can
change channels on the tuner without problems.  However when I switch
between video sources (tuner to svideo or vice versa), the picture goes
all screwy.  It seems to start in the middle of the screen, and wraps
around, and the picture sort of appears but it's all distorted.  Exiting
live TV and going back in fixes this.  Also worth mentioning that this
problem occurs whether or not I use the svideo output on the 350 or
watch on the monitor.  I also tried unchecking "deinterlace" under TV
playback options.  I did some extensive fooling around with test_ioctl
but wasn't able to get the tv display to go normal.  I even did a before
/ after dump of test_ioctl -a, and there are no differences in the
output.  I'm stumped!

The second problem: browse mode on live TV fails to show me correct
information until I actually select a channel.  What I mean is:  I'm
watching TV on the tuner.  I press Channel up (or down), and I get the
browser.  Except instead of giving me the channel name, program name and
description, I just get " - 40" for the channel name and something like
( -1440 minutes)  for the program info.  Yet once I select a channel
I've browsed to, the channel will change and the browse widgets will
update with the correct information -- the proper channel description
and program info appear.

Is this an obscure leftover from me messing around with my database
under 0.14 with tv_grab_na_dd?  I have manually deleted all channel
records and program records and then run the 0.15 version of
mythfilldatabase set to use tv_grab_na_dd.

Anyway, any words of wisdom will be gratefully received.  Especially
with the live tv messing up when I switch sources.

Gerald Schepens